Design and development of new products and fixtures. Activities may include product design and development, technical management, design modeling, tooling design/fabrication, equipment design/fabrication, and documentation.
- Design and implement new products based on customer specifications.
- Artistic with a mastery of CAD software, specifically SOLIDWORKSÒ
- Develop tooling and test equipment designs for product assembly and testing
- Knowledge of design, engineering, and manufacturing processes to create functional products
- Perform as a technical resource to all departments with a thorough understanding of related disciplines
- Communicate progress and decisions to associates
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvements
- Make improvements or updates to existing design and development standards, understand how their decisions affect product cost, performance, and quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Support company finance, accounting, human resources, quality, regulatory, and clinical departments as necessary to ensure compliance with requirements.
Education, Experience and Other Skills
- Five years medical device industry experience with strong strategic focus in the areas of Product or Process Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering, industrial design or equivalent applicable educational experience desired but not required.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Ability to problem-solve, work under pressure, and to effectively manage stress
- Ability to travel when needed (less than 10%)
- Ability to perform many different and changing tasks as necessary
- Authority and Responsibility
- Accountable for their performance and will have authority as delegated to complete their tasks and objectives